Chocolate Bliss BallsOctober 28, 2017
Cheeky Chickpea DipDecember 6, 2017
Smoothie bowls are a great two step recipe where you blitz away all your ingredients and enjoy! Simple as that!
When the weather gets hot your appetite for many food drops, these smoothie bowls are a great snack that’ll keep you nourished, full and cool during these upcoming hot days. Below are three of Feeling Healthy’s favourite smoothie bowl combination we love to indulge on throughout day.
Berry & Almond
- ⅔ Cup frozen raspberries
- ½ Cup frozen sliced bananas
- ½ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 5 tbs sliced almonds, divided
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extra
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 tbs unsweetened coconut flakes
- Lend raspberries, banana, almond milk, 3 tablespoons almonds, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla in a blender until very smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with blueberries, the remaining 2 tablespoons almonds and coconut.
Mango & Almond
- ½ Cup frozen chopped mango
- ½ Cup nonfat plain Greek yoghurt
- ¼ Cup frozen sliced banana
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 5 tbs unsalted almonds, divided
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ½ tsp honey
- Blend mango, yogurt, banana, almond milk, 3 tablespoons almonds in a blender until very smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with raspberries, the remaining 2 tablespoons almonds and honey.
Super Green Smoothie Bowl
- ¼ ripe avocado
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (organic when possible) – use strawberries/raspberries for a greener smoothie, darker berries for a purple smoothie
- 2 large handfuls spinach (organic when possible)
- 1 small handful kale (organic when possible), large stems removed
- 1 ½ – 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (Almond, soy milk etc)
- 1 tbs flaxseed meal
- Optional: 2 Tbsp salted creamy almond or peanut butter
- Roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Raw or roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries
- Hemp seeds
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until very smooth. (Optional, add the nut butter for added protein!)
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with any of the recommended toppings or any other toppings you feel like.