This sauce ticks every-box. Its suitable for pretty much everybody.
Gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and wait for it NUT FREE! Yes you heard, nut free satay. Made with sunflower seeds and love. We’ve teamed it up with some delicious roasted veggies, you can also try it with chicken, prawns or tofu.
- Quarter of a pumpkin
- 1 – red capsicum
- 1 – zucchini
- 8 – button mushrooms
- olive oil for drizzling
- 2cup – sunflower seeds
- 1cup – coconut milk
- 2tbsp – tamari
- 1 – clove of garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp – cayenne pepper
- juice of one lemon
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees/ gas mark 5/ 375F.
2. Chop up veggies into similar sized pieces, place on baking tray, drizzle with oil and cook for 30 minutes.
3. In a dry frying pan toast the seeds until browned and sizzling. This should take approximately 3 minutes on a medium heat. Keep an eye on them and toss often, they will quickly turn.
4. Place toasted seeds into a food processor and process into a paste. Then add the cayenne pepper,garlic, tamari and lime juice. Blitz again.
5. Lastly add the coconut milk and combine until thick and smooth.
6. Place the cooked veggies onto skewers and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Serve with satay or drizzle over the skewers.